Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Music Industry

CDs are over-priced. That is why not one wants to but them. Also major music corporations never release all of the best content available for any given band. Music fans would rather download live concerts, radio performances, bootleg rarities etc. I hope the music industry fails I really do. If I never have to hear Lady Gaga or Justin Beiber or the Pussycat Dolls or Beyonce or Rihanna or Gansta Rap in general, then my quality of life will exponentially improve. Everything, everywhere ends. Hopefully the music industry does sooner than later.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, well, I'm not a huge fan of the music industry myself. But I do want my favorite artists-- groups like, say, Gogol Bordello-- to be able to make a decent living and to have some incentive to continue making music professionally. In fact, I'd happily pay $24 per CD if I knew it was going directly to the band, instead of lining the pockets of music industry executives. It'd be a tragedy if great bands stopped working because they got sick and tired of people "stealing" their music.

    ReplyDelete